September 3, 2008
“All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:44-47
This has been one of those times when we have experienced the Acts 2 church in a real way. Our worship and prayer time last night was an amazing time of thanksgiving, praise and adoration. What a joy it was as a pastor to see people of all ages, of different race and socio-economic background praising God with all they had. I have sung “Lord You're Good” hundreds of times but last night was more meaningful than all those times combined. What a privilege it has been to watch God bring us together, to watch God raise up leaders, to watch people begin to be healed and watch God build his body. What a privilege it has been to serve God by shepherding his people.
· We are evaluating when we will return. We believe we will be home this weekend and plan on having church on Sunday. We are waiting for news on electricity and availability of gas and food before we take people home.
· We are entering the bridge phase where people are getting tired and anxious to return. The adrenaline of the evacuation is gone, exhausting is kicking in and concern about all that has to been done upon return is a hard place to be. This is the day when we will be looking to help people through all that.
· Today’s field trip is to the mall to give people a chance to get out and away from each other.
· We have heard from a few of our people who have evacuated elsewhere. There has been some concern voiced about conditions in shelters but they are safe.
· Reports from NOPD Officer Michael Franklin are that electricity is back at Castle Rock, the office, yellow house, the quad and our house.
Now What, Upon return we will:
1. Get our homes back together
2. Get everyone together for rockin’ church service this Sunday
3. Get the ministry facilities back together
4. Start addressing the needs of people.
· For the great worship time last night
· For the continued great attitude and camradoree
· Reports from New Orleans on everyone’s property
· Wisdom, discernment and timing for our return
· Our people as they enter into the bridge phase (see evacuation news)
· For wisdom on how to minister to people upon return
· For UILA as to when it should start back and all the things that need to be done to make it happen
· For energy to get our homes and the ministry back together.
· For one family who had their home broken into